Do you still use hardware synths?

Get 'hands on' with real synths and hardware.
Lukas Seltsam

Do you still use hardware synths?

Post by Lukas Seltsam » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 pm

I own few but it's just easier to use plugins. I wonder if you guys still use hardware in your productions?

Astrotones
Site Admin

Re: Do you still use hardware synths?

Post by Astrotones » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:19 am

Lukas is in the house!! 😉
I'd love to use some hardware synths, at the moment everything I have is based on software. Does sound quite good but original hardware synths are the thing!!

What hardware synths do you have right now?
New Remix 'Nothing To Lose' is out now 🎧👇
youtu.be/x5XLVLDjt-4

LAZÉRE

Post by LAZÉRE » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:23 am

I started making music in the 80's with hardware only, including reel to reel recorders! Back then the limitations of gear I could afford and fit in my bedroom studio encouraged my creativity and to get the most out of everything.

Since then I've used hardware VA synths and software, combining hands on control with the convenience of soft synths. Gradually the hardware started to feel more and more redundant and actually more of a hinderance.

I've recently gone completely 'virtual', due to the ease of recalling presets, mixing within the DAW (Logic) and of course space & financial limitations.

I think so many electronic musicians spend more time fiddling with gear than making music. For me, virtual synths give me everything I need to make music in a creative flow. Now I must remember to disconnect WiFi to avoid other distractions! :lol:

Pretty Glass Folk

Post by Pretty Glass Folk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:15 am

I'd love to start using hardware synths, I've had a massive crush on the Ensoniq SQ-80 for quite sometime. But I'm a guitarist and my key skills are tepid at best haha I just love the sounds those ensoniq synths make man. Someone made a freeware plug in of that synth too called SQ8L, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work as im on a mac and using logic. (Sad Face)
Win big, mama's fallen angel.