What's everyone's go to for slap bass patches?

Discuss everything VST & AU here
Pretty Glass Folk

What's everyone's go to for slap bass patches?

Post by Pretty Glass Folk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:13 pm

I personally use a few but none scratch the itch in the way that I want them too. I have a slap bass patch for DIVA which is nice and in your face. But it's not as articulate as the Xpand!2 preset, I find it's seemingly impossible to get the desired weight no matter how much I compress or EQ it. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any patches that you particularly like? :)
Win big, mama's fallen angel.

LAZÉRE

Re: What's everyone's go to for slap bass patches?

Post by LAZÉRE » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Not sure it's quite what you're looking for, but for synthetic slap bass I would go for Yamaha DX7 or Roland D50 factory presets. Both have a certain 'edge' to them.

Pretty Glass Folk

Post by Pretty Glass Folk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:48 pm

I'd say I'm going for something you'd get in a Mitch Murder tune, it doesn't have to necessarily be the same. Just a powerful slap bass would rock my world. I'll check those two out, get some digging done :) Thanks dude
Win big, mama's fallen angel.

Captain Morning Star

Post by Captain Morning Star » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 am

Speaking of synth slap basses. A clanky, metallic version is something that one could build in Diva. Quite resonant and sharp, so it's not good for chill but goes perfectly with intense drumming and brutal darksynth passages.

Not so synthetic slap basses are available on Trillian. I don't use them so I can't say what they are good for. However, the Trillian synth bass palette is rich, I use those basses in almost every Synthwave track I compose.

Sylenth can provide with some softer slap timbres. There might be even some built-in presets ready for use.